2 Chronicles 24- Joash Repairs the Temple
- 1- Israel’s youngest king…...40 year reign...number for trial or testing
- 2- Jehoiada the priest was a positive influence on the young king
- 3- Even the priest got the wife thing wrong ...was never accepted as a standard by God to have multiple wives
- 6- Joash used declared LAW to enforce his motives for the temple
- 7-12- One of the greatest offering stories in history- similar to how we receive our offerings now with the baskets
- 13-14- Again similar to the repairs we did on our building at purchase...Biblical model
- 15-16- Nations thrive under Godly leaders
- 17-19- When nations flip this fast you know the heart was never there….
- 20-22- The stoning of Jehoiada’s son Zechariah is a sad story and referred to in Matt 23:35.
- 23-25- This time Israel was the LARGE army taken out by a smaller one...why? They were in rebellion which is totally unacceptable to God.
- 25-27- Treachery breeds more treachery and in this case assasination.
2 Chronicles 25- Amaziah Reigns in Judah
- 2- Doing right is NOT the same thing as having a right HEART.
- 3- Once again payback
- 4- But...he did obey the law and not repay the children for the sins of the fathers. This by the way is one reason we should be against the idea of reparations being paid to previous generations of injustice. Deal with the current issues of injustice and STOP going back to the past bitterness.
- 5-7- Having numbers is NOT always the solution. Israel would not be a help.
- 8- NOTE- GOD CAN BUILD UP OR TAKE DOWN ...EVEN TODAY
- 9- INCREDIBLE- WHAT IS LOST IN A WRONG MOVE CAN BE RESTORED IN A BIG WAY BY GOD….
- 10- Angry because they wanted to fight...mercenaries
- 11-13- Brutal battle scene but total victory
- 14-15- Sadly the king gave God no credit...AMAZING…
- 16-22- That pride and arrogance drew him into battle with Joash and Israel ...and he was defeated.
- 20- It’s clear here that again God is working WITH a man’s heart to achieve His will
- 23-28- So the wealth is carried away again and another king dies without having accomplished what had been promised for Israel
2 Chronicles 26- Uzziah Reigns in Judah
- 1-4- Uzziah takes over and restores Godliness to the kingdom
- 5- He looked for understanding in the visions of God ...while he sought God he prospered
- 6-9- He secures the borders and economic commerce
- 10- Agriculture and livestock are given to the latest technology
- 14-15- As is the military under his command...Uzziah’s technologically advanced army impressed the surrounding nations ...secured borders ...secure nation
- 16-18-....and then pride can ruin it all….
- 19- 20- A leper could not be in the temple for one ...the king was freaking out for another
- 21-23- Sadly his remaining days were as a leper in isolation. For the record leprosy is a hideous and disfiguring disease ...don't even Google it. It’s ugly.
2 Chronicles 27- Jotham Reigns in Judah
- 1-2- Jotham is a good king but avoids the temple…..doesn’t want to repeat his father’s mistakes
- 3-5- Continues to build on his father’s successes
- 6- AGAIN SOMEONE BECOMES MIGHTY ...NOT WEAK ...BECAUSE THEY WALK IN THE COUNSEL OF GOD!!
- 7-9- He dies fairly young when Ahaz his son takes over…
2 Chronicles 28- Ahaz Reigns in Judah
- 1-4- And Ahaz turns AGAINST God...too crazy the flip. Note in vs 4 the worship of nature and GREEN trees. Interesting. We need to be alert for ungodly practice in science and environmentalism. God owns both.
- 5-8- Again the battlefield is used to judge Judah and Ahaz.
- 9-14- INTERESTING- The army had carried out God’s judgment but TOOK IT TOO FAR according to the prophet.
- 15- RESPONSE- COURSE CORRECTION ...PUT THINGS STRAIGHT ACCORDING TO GOD’S WORD...CLOTHED AND FEED THE ENEMY ...POWERFUL
- 16-19- NOTE- people will go the way of their leadership….POWERFUL
- 20-21- Everything goes out of control including bribes that DO NOT WORK
- 22- Emphasis on THAT King Ahaz ...as things get worse so does he. Have we done the same in America?
- 23-24- Ahaz basically shut down the church
- 25-27- Ahaz rules ends in sadness and apostasy...but help is on the way
Back to Read Through the Bible 2022