2 Chronicles 19
- 1-3- Even though the king had issues ...verse 3 says God was working on his heart
- 4-5- He restores the judges…
- 6-7- With instructions for justice
- 8-11- He basically established the regional court system and a central court of appeals in Jerusalem.
2 Chronicles 20- Ammon, Moab and Mount Seir Defeated
- 1-3- The king is motivated by FEAR but at least he does the right thing with that fear ...seeks God for answers.
- 3- Proclaims a fast- early American did this frequently. It’s an outward expression of an inward motivation toward God.
- 4-11- A key to the deliverance was prayer. This one is similar to the one Solomon gave in chapter 6 and 1 Kings 8. The essence of the prayer is found in verse 12.
- 11- The attack was unprovoked...instead Israel had left them and their land alone. That truce would now end.
- 12- The cry of Christians in the darkest right of their experience is: “Lord, I do not know what to do, but I am counting on You.”
- 12-13- Open the Eyes of our hearts Lord…..
- 13- Everyone is worshiping and seeking God together...including the children
- 14-17- Much like the Day of Pentecost, Jahaziel speaks under the influence of the Spirit of God. In this case it is a temporary state ...you and I are PERMANENTLY filled with His Spirit.
- 17- This is how I fight my battles ...God does it for me. I just trust Him.
- 19- EXUBERANT AND LOUD PRAISE ...BECAUSE VICTORY IS NEAR
- 20- BELIEVE- TO BE FIRMLY ESTABLISHED
- 20-22- HOW TO WIN THE BATTLE THROUGH PRAISE
- 23-26- And God’s victory is COMPLETE
- 27- again the ENEMY is defeated
- 28- PRAISE CONTINUES AFTER THE VICTORY...SO IT WAS BEFORE AND AFTER THE BATTLE
- 29- Everyone opposing Israel is now STANDING DOWN out of fear for God
- 30- OUR LIVES ARE QUITE WHEN WE ARE AT REST...WHICH COMES THROUGH GOD
- 31-37- The end of Jehoshaphat’s reign
2 Chronicles 21- Jehoram reigns in Judah
- 1-3- All children get gifts but only the FIRSTBORN gets the kingdom. Jesus is the firstborn of God ...as our older brother He has in turn given us the Kingdom of God!
- 4-11- In spite of being positioned for greatness Jehoram choose to murder ALL his brothers to eliminate any future competition for the throne. He then continued to RULE as Ahab had done ...in wickedness.
- 12-15- Prophetic warning of internal calamity over his rebellion
- 16-17- Invasions took place that removed his wealth, wives and children...sad
- 18- Then struck with disease.
- 19-20- A horrible death and dis-honorable burial.
- All that potential was wasted on a king who didn’t care.
2 Chronicles 22- Ahaziah Reigns in Judah
- 1-3- Ahaziah learned nothing from his father’s mistakes….he repeats them. And at 42 is old enough to know better.
- 3- A mother’s influence can be powerful even over adult children.
- 4- Bad counsel ruins and destroys. TAKE NOTE OF THAT.
- 7- His plans were being directed by God to achieve God’s purpose ...total destruction of the house of Ahab
- 10- The evil mom destroys ANY other person who could become ruler...leaving her in charge.
- 11-12- Joash is hidden for 6 years while the wicked queen rules. NOTE- it was a priest’s daughter who hid the child. ANOTHER KINGDOM WOMAN KEEPING THINGS IN ORDER
2 Chronicles 23- Joash crowned King of Judah
- 1- Jehoiada the priest FINDS the courage to put things in order ...this is his anointing.
- 1-7- Stressing the influence of the priests and the Levites in the placement of the king.
- 8-11- Joash is formally crowned king…..notice the kingship entails ALL privilege and authority with the title
- 12-15- Evil has to be killed off...in our case it must be destroyed and given no area of influence in our lives
- 16- Jehoiada continues to lay the foundations for Joash…..”They will be the Lord’s people”
- 17- Under new Godly leadership the PEOPLE destroy the temple of Baal. Remember this culture shift is happening nearly overnight
- 18-20- His final act is to make sure ALL is in order for the young new king to preside over in true justice.
- 21- With the evil queen dead the city was at rest. THE POWER OF EVIL PEOPLE TO CAUSE DAMAGE IN A SOCIETY CANNOT BE OVERESTIMATED
Back to Read Through the Bible 2022